
There are three things that you always get at a concert: music (good or bad), lots of energetic people and pot. O.k., I'm going to vent a little just because it's my blog and I can. Two of these things I thoroughly enjoy, however, the latter I have no avocation for. Don't get me wrong, I could care less if someone likes to enjoy this type of activity and I have nothing against it, but did you ask me if I wanted to inhale your second-hand waste? No. I had no choice in the matter. Yes, we were sitting in the balcony and I should know better, but I think I should be able make the decision for myself. Next time you feel like getting high at a concert (or anywhere for that matter), why don't you turn around and politely ask your fellow neighbors if they mind? Because god forbid you go outside and do your business somewhere else and come back!
Adams started off the show with "Still I See Montsers" like a psychedelic monster. You could feel the tone and vibe of the upcoming two-hour show. With what seemed like technical difficulties, the boys continued to excite the crowd with songs like "Fix It", a cowboy "I'm Ready to Go" and an 8-minute cover of "Wonderwall", which captured even the highest crowd. "Come Pick Me Up" can even get to you up in the rafters, but a distracted Adams seemed to be uneasy.
After an hour of performing, a 15-minute intermission gave the band and Adams time to unwind. A more relaxed Adams took the stage and "Goodnight Rose" shook the theatre and the crowd. You could feel the emotion with "Oh My God, Whatever, etc.", his signature sound with cowboy lyrics. The next hour Adams opens up to what he's really capable of. I think performances are like relationships - a two way street - where one energy feeds off of the other. If you have a void in either one, you don't get a good performance. I truly believe that I experienced an entirely different show than the crowd standing downstairs.
1 comment:
He had ear monitor/sound problems, often does, maybe related to his hearing problems or maybe not, but he used to let it get to him in a way that ruined a couple of concerts and he seems to have gotten past that now. That song is not called Ready to Go, it's called Let It Ride. But thanks for the review.
Post a Comment